Sunday, November 3, 2013

All work and no play........

Hola amigos,
Sunday afternoon and having a relaxing afternoon after a very busy week.  The driveway is in and looks great.  Dennis worked many hours raking it and is a real 'rockstar'.  The rocks finally arrived on Halloween (was this a trick) so we jumped on it and got 2 truckloads.  One more should do it,  but for now we don't have to wade through water to get into the house.  That's always nice.
Made the rounds on Halloween, first to see our friend's husband's band and get our dancing ya-ya's.  After that, we headed to Amigo's for the annual 'Monster Mash", but after a day of driveway raking, we were ready to head home.  I'm amazed we lasted that long.  My favorite costume of the night was a man covered in paint samples.  When I finally gave up on guessing what he was.....he told me he was '50 shades of grey'.
We've had some gorgeous mornings lately and I have a gang of regulars (birds) who visit.  I got a few pics of my favorite ones.  One little sparrow is getting very brave and has come into the house twice checking things out.
Tried to plant some flowers the other day and got an ankle full of bullet ants.  Ouch!  Will have to rethink my strategy on that one.  Today I bought an agave plant and want to add that to the mix.  I was warned they grow very tall so will plant it along one of the fences where it will have room to do its thing.  Now I have to learn how to make tequila.  Not!
Today was the monthly flea market AND it was also one of the Independence Day holidays, so we scooted over to Dolega for the market and then cruised downtown for the big parade.  The kids were adorable and the dancing and drumming was awesome.  The festivities will go on until Tuesday, but the parade was the kickoff.  Caleb...the kids in green are from the International School.  Just thought you'd want to know the uniform YOU would be wearing.   Also made a quick stop at the Mercado for some avocados, onions, and potatoes. Total was $1.25.   They are building a new mercado (sorely needed) , so it is temporarily an open air market, which I like a lot.  A bit hot for the vendors though.  Soon they will have a nice cool building to sell their vegetables.  Enjoy the pics.  The 2nd to the thelast photo is my friend Lorena and her youngest daughter, Sierra.  Her other daughter, Isabella, was marching in the parade.  "TODAY WAS GOOD.  TODAY WAS FUN.  TOMORROW WILL BE ANOTHER ONE." Dr Seuss






































No comments:

Post a Comment