Monday, February 10, 2014

Crafts, Cattle, and Cowpokes

Sitting here listening to the sound of mortar being slapped on all around the house.  Dennis is continuing to toil away, but seems to be in overdrive this week as we are expecting houseguests for the upcoming jazz festival.  Somehow, we are squeezing our friends in with friends Char and Pedr from Bocas in the back casita (almost done) along with their friend, while Tony, Dennis' high school buddy will be camping out on an inflatable mattress in our other empty bedroom.  We are looking forward to a fun weekend and all the music venues that will be playing around town in addition to the jazz festival line-up. Great music and great food.  Life is good.
While driving last week, I couldn't help but notice all the animals being transported around town.  This little quiet town really bustles with life.  That's one of the things I so love about this place.  There is some little pocket of interesting humanity to see everywhere you look.  Boquete is a very lively and colorful place.
I am really enjoying all the art related classes I've been taking and while I struggled with the beading class, I did make some new friends and learned that beading is not a piece of cake. More an exercise in patience and good eyesight.   I am still working on my project, but am sharing a picture of the beautiful necklace that Pia made as mine is yet unfinished.  I am finding that the zentangle class I took awhile back has worked its magic on me and whenever I find some time, I gravitate towards projects that incorporate a bit of what I learned in that class.  I have been meeting with a small group of ladies to draw and think this is more where my heart is leading me. 'THE TRUTH IS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TOMORROW.  LIFE IS A CRAZY RIDE, AND NOTHING IS GUARANTEED."  Eminem
Local Do-It Center, our lifesaver

Great yummy
Chinese Restaurant

Moooooving along

Saddled up and ready to ride

entering David

Young visitors arrive 

Busy corner in Boquete

One of several pharmacies in town.  No prescriptions needed except for pain meds and antiobiotics.

Pia models her new necklace

Beading class

New door by Kelvin

Oh boy!  Going for a truck ride

Finished piece - 'Mi Cocina'

No comments:

Post a Comment