Friday, April 18, 2014

Walking on Sunshine

Dennis and I were out on our morning walk this morning and couldn't help but notice how lovely the day is early in the morning before things get busy.  We've been trying to progressively add a little time on to each walk and so, with that in mind, I dangled a 'carrot' in front of Dennis.  "Let's walk all the way to San Francisco Plaza, and you can have coffee and a strudel before heading home."
I wanted to share some pics of the surrounding neighborhood with those of you at home who wonder what our neck of the woods looks like.
The area is growing, although not too fast.  We have noticed new homes going in, trees being logged, and fields being cut.  We have 2 new neighbors putting up homes in the empty lots next to us and one I hear, is an Italian chef.  Oh boy!  Can't wait to meet him.   We also noticed a lot where trees were logged and milled on the spot for lumber for a home going in around the corner from us.  Progress is everywhere.  What I appreciate is that much of the surrounding flora is left untouched and there seems to be a respect for the use of the resources by not overcutting.  We are in a rural area and hope it stays like this for a long long time.
We decided to take a side road and avoid the cars on the Palmira road.  That was nice.  We saw a new area we hadn't explored and I took a few pics of the homes along the way.
Making our way down to SF Plaza, we then realized it was Good Friday. The parking lot was empty and the stores were all closed.  Dennis was sad.  No sweet roll for his efforts.
Apparently, we weren't the only ones out for a stroll.  Two cows were crossing the road and off on their own morning adventure.  They didn't seem very concerned about the traffic around them, or me, taking their pictures.  I followed them for a while and then headed home as Dennis had disappeared and was thinking about breakfast.
 A little ways further, I came across a young man tethering his goats for the day.  I've tried to convince Dennis a goat would be a wonderful addition to our family, but alas, it's not happening.  I had to make do with a hello to the goats and their owner and a few more pictures.
Rounding the turn towards home, I decided to share a picture with you of our local water system.  As you will remember from my last post, we have been without water for 5 days.  It's Good Friday, so I am thinking there will be no one fixing the lines anytime soon.  We are being frugal and so far, so good. As we're going to our friend's home for an Easter Brunch on Sunday, we'll beg another shower if things haven't improved.
Wishing you all a Happy Easter filled with chocolate bunnies, good friends, and good times.
"ALL I WANT IS PEACE, LOVE, UNDERSTANDING, AND A CHOCOLATE BAR BIGGER THAN MY HEAD." Anonymous
Warning!  Don't scratch bug bites!

wagon wheel fence

container house

Oh Boy!  Sweet Rolls!

Above ground water system

Volcan Baru

Neighborhood watch

Looking for a cool piece of wood

Morning shopper

Small casita

Big casa

empty parking lot.  Uh oh!

Our bank to be

German restaurant

Granny's homestyle sausage store

Italian pizza

Mort's Bakery - CLOSED

Taking a stroll

Wait for me

Hmmm!  I wonder if the grass really is greener

Young man tethering his 'lawnmower'

This is tasty

cool cutout in fence

big business here in Boquete

Get out and vote



2 comments:

  1. I love the cows in the road :D Goats though? They can be mischievous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice the goats are on ropes. No mischief for those two.

      Delete